December 29, 2013

Top 5 Sunday (9)



Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

"Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it." -- Larissa

Rules:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.   
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.   
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)   
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post on Larissa's site.   
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: 


Favorite Christmas Movies


Now this is a Top 5 Sunday that I wont have to think about for the next 30 minutes because my list is actually short already. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Christmas movies, but there are only a few that I am always determined to watch every year around Christmas time or else I'll be forever devastated. Well maybe not devastated, as I happened to miss pretty much all of my shows this year, but I will be really bummed that I missed them... and I am. Any who, my favorite Christmas movies, in no particular order, are:



A Christmas Story


Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the 
soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.

- Ralphie


"Oooh fuuudge!"

"Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, 
the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word!" 

- Ralphie


I have been absolutely nuts about watching this show this year, especially since I came across a pink bunny sleeper, like the one Ralphie wears in the movie, at Wal*Mart. I wasn't able to get it, but it did make me even more excited for this movie this year. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I personally love it. My absolute favorite part is when Ralphie gets Santa's boot to the face and is shoved down the slide with it. That and when the mom bundles up his little brother so much that he can't get his arms down by his side and he starts crying, "I can't get my arms down!" and the mom is all like, "well you can't put them down when you get to school."

Seriously, it's one of the best movies ever.


How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Cartoon Version)


"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood
puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It
came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he
puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought
of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas he thought, doesn't
come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.


Come on. Who doesn't love the Grinch and his wicked ways. He's so devious and grouchy about Christmas he's awesome. But what I really love about this movie is the moral of it. A lot of people forget what Christmas is really about.


How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey Version)



"The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! 
Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 

4:00, wallow in self pity; 

4:30, stare into the abyss; 

5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 

5:30, jazzercize; 

6:30, dinner with me - I just can't cancel that again; 

7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... 

I'm booked! Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?" 

-- Grinch


Same story, but with Jim Carrey, which is why this version is my favorite of the two. I mean he really brought the Grinch to life in this telling of it. Seriously funny. I could go all day quoting this movie.



"You're Rudolph, a freak with a red nose, nobody likes you." 

-Grinch


A Charlie Browns Christmas



Dear Santa Claus, How have you been? Did you have a nice summer?
 How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list 
of presents that I want. Please note the size and color of each item, and 
send as many as possible. If it seems too complicated, make it easy on 
yourself: just send money. How about tens and twenties?

All I want is what I. . . I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share.

-- Sally


I'm pretty sure that I am the only one in my family who actually likes Charlie Brown. I mean what isn't there to like about a classic like this one? 


Home Alone


"I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all 
my major crevices; including inbetween my toes and in my belly button, 
which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult
 formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't 
seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other 
than that, I'm in good shape."

-- Kevin

One word sums this movie up. Epic. Yep, I about screamed like a little fan girl meeting Justine Beiber when I found a VHS copy of this for 50 cents. (Don't poke fun of me and my old school movies, alright. VHS is awesome.) This is just a hilarious movie that I will watch no matter the time of year. Christmas time just makes it better. ;)



So what about you? What Christmas movies are your favorites? Either tell me in a comment below or leave me your link so I can go see what you said in your post.

3 comments:

  1. Yay A Christmas Story! I so grew up watching that one! Love Jim Carrey as the Grinch. My fave part is when he's in the sleigh and it's going crazy and he's screaming "I'm going to die! I'm gonna throw up and then I'm gonna die! Mommy, tell it to stop!" Or some such variation! Great picks! Thanks for checking out my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and then he gets it all under control and is like, "whew, I almost lost my cool there." lol

      And you are welcome, I finally managed to visit you before you visited me. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...